The Video Recorder Audio Adapter allows you to record all transmissions (local and remote) from the aircraft intercom system to your externalGoPro HERO3 HD Digital Video Recorder. It's great for creating your own aerial videos without excess cabin noise. It will record all of the audio transmitted through the intercom system, including in-cabin audio and ATC transmissions.
This is a special adapter made exclusively for use with the GoPro HERO 3, 3+, or 4 Video Camera. Most digital records have a 3.5mm AUX In for recording, however with the GoPro Hero 3 / 4 they use a Mini USB port for recording. This adapter connects directly to the GoPro Hero 3 Mini USB port instead of a 3.5mm port.
Who should buy this adapter:
- Those that are ONLY using it with a third or fourth generation GoPro HD HERO 3, 3+, or 4 (white, silver, or black edition)
- You are using it with a civilian airplane headset with dual plugs
You should NOT buy this adapter if:
- You have a 6-pin Redel / LEMO panel powered headset. Instead get the GoPro HERO 3 Aircraft Audio Adapter for Panel Powered Headsets
- You are using it in a Helicopter. Instead get the GoPro HERO 3 Audio Adapter - Helicopters
- You are using it for any digital video / audio recorder other than the GoPro Hero 3/4. Instead get the Video Recorder Audio Adapter - Fixed Wing
- You are using it with an iPhone, Android, or Windows smartphone. Instead get the Smartphone Digital Audio Adapter for Airplanes.
- You want to use it with the GoPro Hero 3/4 AND another digital recorder. Instead get the Video Recorder Audio Adapter - Fixed Wingand the GoPro HERO3 Mini USB to 3.5mm Audio Adapter
Great for CFI's and Students to review radio communication skills after the flight!
Length: 5 foot. Also available for 6-pin Redel / LEMO panel powered headsets or helicopters.